Residence permit



Depending on your nationality, you will most likely need to apply for a residence certificate (for EU/EEA students) or permit (non-EU students) to live in Denmark. Please note that procedures are liable to change and you may experience that certain special requirements for applicants from your country are needed. Therefore we encourage you to read the specific requirements on this page:

  • It is a condition for the residence permit/certificate that you are active and enrolled in an educational programme. If this is not the case, the Immigration Service can revoke your residence permit/certificate. We are obliged to inform the Immigration Service if you are not actively following the educational programme.

For more information on how to obtain a residence permit please click the link below:

More information for Non-EU/EEA students.

More information for EU/EEA students.

More information for Nordic students.

Contact Our International Office

Sharon Wilkins

+45 7228 6071

Study in Denmark

Visit the official government website on international higher education in Denmark Study in