Denmark is an expensive country – but the standard of living is among the highest in the world. However, if you are sensible and follow local habits and economise – such as cycling to university and eating at home – life in Denmark shouldn’t blow your budget.
- Purchase of second-hand bicycle: DKK 250 – 1,000
- Cinema ticket: DKK 80
- Dining out: DKK 200
- Nightclub entrance: DKK 0 – 100
- Beer or a soft drink at a bar/café: DKK 30 – 50
- Beer or a soft drink from the supermarket: DKK 5 – 15
- Coffee at a café: DKK 25 – 40
For further information on living expenses in Denmark, please visit workindenmark.dk
Based on user reports the site numbeo.com also holds useful information for comparison between living expenses for individual countries. Bear in mind the validity is heavily dependent on the amount of users reporting, and when the figures were last updated.